Two 50,000 euro prizes for open innovation projects related to essential services in developing countries.
Purpose of the award
The SUEZ-Institut de France Prize follows the principles and organisation of the “Water for All” competition, which it replaces in 2011. It rewards projects and innovations that contribute to the development of water, sanitation and waste management services in developing countries.
The jury will give priority to projects:
- Designed for ownership by local actors and project beneficiaries (populations, local authorities, etc.);
- allow the integration and participation of populations at risk;
- applicable to urban and peri-urban environments
The SUEZ-Institut de France Prize includes two categories, for two types of applicants:
- The Access to Essential Services Award, endowed with €50,000 (fifty thousand euros), is awarded to a non-profit organisation as a prize for innovation. Its aim is to create a bridge between applied research and operational development projects. The aim is to promote innovations to the greatest number of people so that they can be used by professionals in the water, sanitation and waste management sectors in developing countries. The innovations, applicable in the field, can be technical, organizational, financial or social, and can refer to tools for disseminating information and knowledge.
- The Social Entrepreneur Award, endowed with €50,000 (fifty thousand euros), is awarded to a social entrepreneur for an initiative in the field of access to water, sanitation or waste management. Its objective is to support business activities developed by social entrepreneurs in the water, sanitation and waste management sectors in developing countries. These initiatives, which often generate employment, have a positive social impact, especially for poor and at-risk populations.
The call for applications for the 2019-2020 edition of the SUEZ-Institut de France Awards begins on 16 September 2019.
Applications are made in two stages:
- Preselection: send the application form before 15 December 2019. Between 15 and 30 January 2020, candidates are informed of their pre-selection or not. Pre-selected candidates will receive the detailed application file to be filled in.
- Selection: return the application file by 28 February 2020.
For more information visit the official site Here