Areas of Study: Arts and Humanities
Levels of study: Master / Specialty
The aim of the Swiss Government Scholarships of Excellence for the Arts is to enable selected candidates to undertake initial master’s degree studies at conservatories or art schools affiliated with universities of applied sciences in Switzerland.
The scholarship is only valid for a first master’s degree. Arts scholarships are awarded at one of the universities of applied sciences mentioned in the call for applications, in Switzerland. It is not valid for mixed programmes (part of the
time in Switzerland and part in another country).
The scholarship is specifically aimed at highly qualified young artists, from all artistic fields, who wish to obtain their first master’s degree. These scholarships are only offered to citizens of countries with which Switzerland has reciprocity agreements for art.
The duration of the scholarship will be 12 months (starting in September), extendable up to a maximum of 21 months, depending on the master’s programme chosen.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship includes a monthly endowment of CHF 1,920.
- For non-EU and non-EFTA beneficiaries only: FCS pays for compulsory Swiss health insurance.
- There are no family allowances.
- Scholars from non-EU and non-EFTA countries will receive a travel grant (lump sum) for a return ticket to their home country (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special housing support of CHF 300 (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- Half fare public transport card for one year.
- Support services and various trips, dinners and sightseeing tours organised for scholarship holders of excellence from the Swiss government.
Eligibility for the scholarship
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must be born after December 31, 1984.
- Applicants must begin their scholarship no later than three years after graduating with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Applicants who reside in Switzerland for one year before the start of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants must have mastered the language skills necessary for the master’s programme.
- Scholars are expected to move to Switzerland during their scholarship period.
- The program is only valid for a master’s degree course. Applicants for art and music may not apply for a second master’s degree.
- Applicants who have previously benefited from a scholarship of excellence are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline: November 20, 2019
For more information visit the official site Here