The Government of Korea’s Global Scholarship Program offers foreign students the opportunity to pursue undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral studies.
The Korea Global Scholarship Program was designed to strengthen international student exchange and thereby deepen cooperative relationships between Korea and participating countries.
Thus, the program seeks to offer foreign students the opportunity to study undergraduate and graduate programs at a Korean higher education institution.
The program offers 4 types of scholarships, which are described below:
- Associate Degree Program with a duration of 2 to 3 years + 1 year of Korean studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a duration of 4 years + 1 year of Korean studies.
- Scholarship for postgraduate studies (Master) with a duration of 2 years + 1 year of Korean studies.
- Scholarship for postgraduate studies (PhD) with a duration of 3 years + 1 year of Korean studies.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant and his/her parents must have a foreign nationality.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age for graduate programs and under 25 for undergraduate.
- Possess a bachelor’s, undergraduate or master’s degree depending on the level of studies to which they aspire.
- Have an average higher than 75% or 80% of the total grade, depending on the program to which you aspire.
The program offers the following benefits:
- Round trip costs (economy class).
- Monthly stipend.
- Research costs (dissertation).
- Accommodation allowance.
- Korean course.
- Tuition fees for the study program.
- Medical insurance.
More information on the official site Here