A global initiative to identify, fund and scale up innovative solutions from anyone around the world to support Venezuelans and host communities affected by the regional migration crisis.
The Regional Crisis
The political, humanitarian and economic situation in Venezuela has generated a serious shortage of food, medicines, drinking water, electricity and other basic needs. This situation has led almost 4.5 million people to leave the country, making it the largest external displacement in the history of the Western Hemisphere. The exodus of Venezuelans has had a growing social and economic impact on neighboring countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, including tensions in public services, labor markets, community relations, and infrastructure.
Cómo Funciona El Challenge
The challenge will allow:
- Raise the voice and ingenuity of Venezuelans to respond to the needs of the regional crisis and inform those proposing solutions of their specific problems;
- To connect Venezuelans, host communities and creative minds from anywhere in the world to promote the development of innovative solutions;
- Expand networks among communities and countries to promote collaboration;
- Finance, test and scale solutions;
- Build an inventory of proven solutions ready to be implemented.
Where We Operate
All proposed solutions must be implemented in one or more of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago or Venezuela.
This list may change according to the evolving situation.
Deadline for nomination: 12 months after the launch of the challenge.
More information on the official site Here